HUBUNGAN KONTROL DIRI DAN HARGA DIRI TERHADAP KECENDERUNGAN NARSISTIK PADA MAHASISWA SEMESTER AWAL PENGGUNA INSTAGRAM

Aulia Nur Laeli, Elsa Sartika, Furqan Nugraha Rahman, Rifka Fatchurrahmi

Abstract

This study aims to determine relationship between self-control and self-esteem with a narcissistic tendency in the first semester students on instagram users. Subjects were students of the Faculty of Psychology second grade with characteristics aged 18-21 years, using social media instagram and upload photos or videos as much as more than 5 times a day. The results were analyzed using regression multiple analysis. Based on result of data analysis were correlation coefficient between self-control variable and self-esteem with narcissistic tendency score R = 0.535, with significance value equal to p = 0.000 (p <0.01), and F value count on anova table equal to 10.040 (F count> F table = 4.74). The effective contribution of self-control and self-esteem to the narcissistic tendency of 28.7%, while the remaining 71.3% is influenced by other variables. There is a negative relationship between self-control and self-esteem with the tendency of narcissistic in the first semester students instagram users. The higher the self-control and self-esteem the lower the narcissistic tendency.

Full Text:

PDF


Copyright (c) 2019 Psikologika : Jurnal Pemikiran dan Penelitian Psikologi




PSIKOLOGIKA: Jurnal Pemikiran dan Penelitian Psikologi

ISSN 1410-1289 (print), 2579-6518 (online)
Email : psikologika@uii.ac.id

Indexed in:

      

Flag Counter site stats

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.