Main Article Content


Globalization that occurs requires people to be literate about technology. This should not affect the public in using the internet. This research is a descriptive research through interview, surveys, and observations with Muslim students at universities in Yogyakarta as research subjects. Compared to other countries in Asia, Indonesia is the most impolite country based on a survey conducted by Microsoft. This figure is higher when compared to the previous year. The amount of hoax and fraud news influences the level of public decency. From the resulting sample, as many as 20% have spoken harshly on social media and the other 80% have never, this difference is influenced by the environment around each youth which is different. With the majority of Muslim students not being able to say impolite sentences, it needs to be maintained, whereas if they still say harsh sentences/discrimination in cyberspace, it needs to be minimized through cooperation by all levels of society, from families, schools to government agencies.


Civility Digital Era Muslim Youth

Article Details


  1. Azharudin, Mohammad. 2022. “LARANGAN HATE SPEECH DI MEDIA SOSIAL (Pemahaman Hadis Sunan al-Tirmidhi Nomor Indeks 2002 Dalam Tinjauan Ilmu Komunikasi).” Skripsi.
  2. DQLab. 2020. “Langkah-Langkah Menggunakan Teknik Analisis Data Kualitatif.” 2020.
  3. Dr. SKM, Sandu Siyoto, M.Kes, and M.A. Sodik M. Ali. 2015. “Dasar Metodologi Penelitian Dr. Sandu Siyoto, SKM, M.Kes M. Ali Sodik, M.A. 1.” Dasar Metodologi Penelitian, 1–109.
  4. Gloria, Dia, Ekklesia Program, Studi Pascasarjana Antropologi, Ilmu Sosial, and Ilmu Politik. 2022. “Digital Civility Index Dan Karakter Bangsa Dalam Wacana Pembangunan.” KRITIS XXXI, no. 1.
  5. Indonesia News Center. 2021. “Microsoft Study Reveals Improvement In Digital Civility Across Asia-Pacific During Pandemic – Indonesia News Center.” Microsoft. 2021.
  6. Kadir, Abdul, Riswan Kamri, Rahayu Amri, Jurusan Bimbingan, and Dan Konseling. 2020. “PERAN ORANGTUA DALAM MEMINIMALISIR KECANDUAN GAME ONLINE PADA ANAK” 3, no. 3.