Since January 2019, to increase better control quality, al-Mawarid's author guidelines has been revised as follow;
- Manuscript’s length is about 5000-6000 words or 15-20 pages, typed in one-half spaced on A4-paper size. The text is uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Manuscript must include an 200 – 250 words in abstract and 3 – 5 keywords.
- Manuscript must be arranged as follows: Title, Name of Author, E-mail address, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction (including method if any), Result, Discussion, Conclusion, References.
- Manuscript's titles not more than ten words.
- Manuscript must be submitted in Microsoft Word or RTF.
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies that can be downloaded here (right click and open).
- Manuscript references are preferably derived from the up-to-date references.
- The author’s resume should be submitted separately, consisting of at least full name, institutional address, phone number, areas of studies, and recent publications (if any).
- al-Mawarid use APA Style 6th edition (2010) as reference format writing. We suggest the use of a reference manager software such as Mendeley, Zotero, or Endnote at templating the citation style. APA Style may be used is as follows:
Book with single author
Swann, G. M. Peter. (2014). The Economics of Innovation an Introduction. Cheltenhum & Northampton: Edward Elgar.
in-text citation: (Swann, 2014)
Articles in reference books
Alatas, S. F. (2006). Islam and the Science of Economics in Abu Rabi', I.M. The Blackwell Companion to Contemporary Islamic Thought. USA: Willey-Blackwell (pp. 587-606).
in text citation: (Alatas, 2006)
Hackett, Rosalind (2007). “Religous Dimentions of War and Peace: Introduction.” Dalam Gerrie ter Haar dan Yoshio Tsuruoka (Ed.), Religion and Society: An Agenda for the 21st Century (pp. 3-6).
Accessed from http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/content/books/9789047422464
in text citation: (Hackett, 2006)
Master's thesis, from a commercial database
McNieI, D. S. (2006). Meaning through narrative: A personal narrative discussing growing up with an alcoholic mother (Master's thesis). Available from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 1434728)
in text citation: (Mc Niel, 2006)
Doctoral dissertation, from an institutional database
Adams, R. J. (1973). Building a foundation for evaluation of instruction in higher education and continuing education (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://www.ohiolink.edu/etd/
in text citation: (Adams, 1973)
Doctoral dissertation, from the web
Bruckman, A. (1997). MOOSE Crossing: Construction, community, and learning in a networked virtual world for kids (Doctoral dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Retrieved from http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/--asb/thesis/
in text citation: (Bruckman, 1997)
Journal article with no DOI
Bourkhis, K., and Nabi, M. S. (2013). Islamic and conventional banks' soundness during the 2007-2008 financial crisis. Journal Metrics, 22(2), 68-77.
in-text citation: (Bourkhis & Nabi, 2013).
Journal article with DOI
Ichwan, M. (2012). The Local Politics Of Orthodoxy: The Majelis Ulama Indonesia in the Post-New Order Banten. Journal Of Indonesian Islam, 6(1), 166-194. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.15642/JIIS.2012.6.1.166-194
in text citation : (Ichwan, 2012)
Abstract as citation
Hasan, N. (2012). Islamist Party, Electoral Politics And Da’wah Mobilization Among Youth : The Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) in Indonesia. Journal OF Indonesian Islam, 6(1), 17-47. Abstract from http://jiis.uinsby.ac.id/index.php/jiis/article/view/97
in text citation : (Hasan, 2012)
Mass media article
Sahal, Akhmad (2014, March 2). Kiai Sahal dan Realisme Fikih.Tempo Magazine, p. 120.
in text citation : (Sahal, 2014)
Fisher, B. S., Cullen, F. T., & Turner, M. G. (2000). The Sexual Victimization of College Women. Research Report.
in text citation : (Fisher, Cullen, Turner, 2000)
Routray, Bibhu Prasad (2013), National Security Decision-Making in India (RSIS Monograph No. 27). Singapura: Rajaratnam School of International Studies.
in text citation : (Routray, 2013)
Sudibyakto, Hizbaron, D.R., & Jati, R (Ed.) (2009), Proceeding International Seminar Disaster Theory, Research and Policy. International seminar held by Sekolah Pascasarjana, Universitas Gajahmada, Yogyakarta, 8-9 Desember 2009.
in text citation : (Sudibyakto and Jati, 2009)
Janutama, Herman Sinung (2011). “Kraton dan Hubungan Antar Agama.” Paper presented in Seminar Kraton dan Panatagama held by Center for the Study of Islam and Social Transformation (CISForm), Yogyakarta, 17 November.
in text citation : (Janutama, 2011)
Online article in web
Shiva, (2006, February). Bioethics: A Third World Issue. Native-web. Retrieved from http://www.nativeweb.org/ pages/legal/shiva.html
in text citation : (Shiva, 2006)
Online research report
Kessy, S. S. A., & Urio, F M. (2006). The contribution of microfinance institutions to poverty reduction in Tanzania (Research Report No. 06.3). Retrieved from Research on Poverty Alleviation
in text citation : (kessy and urion, 2006)
Qur an, 2 (25)
in text citation : (Q. Albaqarah 2:25).
Graycar, Adam (1992). Social Welfare Policy. Dalam Mary Hawkesworth dan Maurice Kogan (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Government and Politics (Vol. 1). London: Routledge.
in text citation : (Graycar, 1992)
Sultan Hamengkubuwono X (interview, 2011, April 19)
in text citation : (Hamengkubuwono, 2011)
Steijlen, Fridus (2008). A Day in the Life of Indonesia [documentary film, 58 minutes]. Leiden: KITLV Press.
in text citation: (Steijlen, 2008)