Open Access Policy
The journal is open-access. All online contents in the journal are freely accessible to everyone even without being registered as a user. The journal provides immediate open access to its published content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Furthermore, a feature of the current theme of the journal allows reading PDFs of the content without downloading it. This feature is aimed to optimize users’ experiences with the journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Peer Review Process
The reviewers are chosen considering their expertise in the subject to be reviewed.
- The peer review is a double-blind type and all steps are done through the OJS online system.
- Compliance with the standards and the scope of the journal is reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief and the Staff. Failure to comply with the scope results in the rejection of the article and non-compliance with the standards leads to the request for its compliance by the authors;
- The manuscript is subjected to the analysis of plagiarism using the TURNITIN software and the report is evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief who can reject or request the authors to change parts of the manuscript;
- Attended the scope and requirement of non-plagiarism, one editor is appointed, and 2 reviewers are invited.
- The article is rejected when 2 reviewers reject it. If the reports are divergent regarding rejection, 2 more reviewers are invited, and they are given time to analyze the manuscript;
- The Editor may request information and corrections from the authors in conjunction with or separately from peer reviews reports;
- There is one (1) round, but in certain cases, it is possible to review in a second round if the manuscript has many revisions;
- The time accepted by the authors to return the revised version depends on the complexity of the correction and the round. In the case of non-return in time, the article can be rejected, and resubmitting as a new submission is permitted;
- The editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- Accept Submission: The submission will be accepted without revisions.
- Revisions Required: The submission will be accepted after minor changes have been made.
- Resubmit for Review: The submission needs to be reworked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. It will require a second round of review, however.
- Decline Submission: The submission will not be published in the journal.
Further information regarding the peer review process for this journal is shown in the following flowchart: