About the Journal
Focus and Scope
International Journal of Chemistry Education Research is an international journal covering all aspect of education, including chemistry education, physic education, biology education and science education. The journal publishes original research papers, short communications, dissemination, and discussion of research, experience and perspective across a wide range of education, teaching, development, instruction, educational projects and innovations, learning methodologies and new technologies in education and learning. The paper published in this journal implies that the work described has not been, and will not be published elsewhere, except in the abstract, as part of a lecture, review or academic thesis.
The IJCER journal is published every October and April in a year (semi-annual). IJCER journal is fully open access for scholarly readers.
International Journal of Chemistry Education Research is published by Department of Chemistry Education, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Islamic University of Indonesia.
Peer Review Process
Each submitted manuscript will be handled by Editorial Board Members to manage the peer review process and decide whether a paper should be accepted for publication. The purpose of the peer review process is to review the technical format and use a template approach. Referees and Editorial Board Members will determine whether a paper is scientifically valid in accordance with our developed scope.
All submitted manuscripts must be free from plagiarism content. All authors are suggested to use plagiarism detection software to do the similarity checking (please use Turnitin or the others to check the similarity). Editors will also check the similarity of manuscripts in this journal by using Turnitin or another software. The final decision of manuscript acceptance will be made by the Editor in Chief (together with Editorial Board if required for consideration) according to reviewers' critical comments.
Already have a Username/Password for IJCER?
Need a Username/Password?
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Author should fulfil the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After a ll form textbox was filled, Author clicks on â€œRegisterâ€ button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on â€œNew Submissionâ€. In the Start a New Submission section, click on â€œâ€™Click Hereâ€™: to go to step one of the five-step submission processâ€. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles or Review Article. Thus, author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 â€“ Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button.Â
- Step 3 â€“ Entering Submissionâ€™s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 â€“ Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 â€“ Confirming the Submission: Â Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Ius Quia Iustum Law journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submissionâ€™s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.Â
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at anytime by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes status of manuscript review and editorial process.
As a responsibility of academic ethics, IJCER journals only accept that article:
- The article has never been published before in national journals or international journals, nor in the proceedings of national/international seminars.
- The article will not be submitted for publication in other national/international journals or are in the process of reviewing the national/international journals at the same time.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution LicenseÂ that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Article Processing Charges
All articles published in our journals are open access and freely available online, immediately upon publication. This is made possible by an article-processing charge (APC) that covers the range of publishing services we provide. This includes the provision of online tools for editors and authors, article production and hosting, liaison with abstracting and indexing services, and customer services.Â
With an article-processing charge (APCs) which is considered sufficient, then we do not ask the author to pay an article submission charge (APCs).
The APC, payable when your manuscript is editorially accepted and before publication, is charged to either you or your funder, institution or employer.
Frequently-asked questions (FAQ)
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING OR ARRANGING THE PAYMENT?
As the corresponding author of the manuscript, you are responsible for making or arranging the payment (for instance, via your institution) upon editorial acceptance of the manuscript.
AT WHICH STAGE IS THE AMOUNT I WILL NEED TO PAY FIXED?
The APC payable for an article is agreed as part of the manuscript submission process. The agreed charge will not change, regardless of any change to the journalâ€™s APC.
WHEN AND HOW DO I PAY?
Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author (you) will be notified that payment is due. You need to arrange payment unless a waiver has been granted, or your institution or employer is covering the cost.
We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until payment has been received. APC payment is amount to IDR 100.000 (Indonesian authors) and the US $ 100 (Foreign authors) for reviewing and production costs. This payment isÂ excluding taxes.
Upon the publication of the manuscript in the journal, the author will receive a publication proof number, 3 printed journals of the corresponding issue, and 3 off-prints.
PAYMENT CAN BE MADE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
Transfer Bank - payment can be made online or offline through teller bank to the account number that we have provided. After transfer the payment, please make a payment confirmation to us by sending transfer receipt via email. We will check and notify you when the transfer payment has been received.
CAN CHARGES BE WAIVED IF I LACK FUNDS?
We do not consider individual waiver requests on a case-by-case basis or in cases of lack of funds. This is because we think we charged fees for authors fairly cheap to be met.
WHAT ARE FUNDING SOURCES AVAILABLE?
Many funding agencies allow the use of grants to cover APCs. An increasing number of funders and agencies strongly encourage open access publication.
**This information is mostly derived, adapted from copied from article processing charges based on getting Published Guidelines on SpingerOpenÂ for Journal Authors.
All articles submitted to the journal are subject to plagiarism check. Articles that do not meet the requirement will be returned to authors for further editorial works or will be rejected immediately.
Plagiarisme checker used by the journal is iThenticate.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Prof. Riyanto, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry Education
Islamic University of Indonesia
M. Miqdam Musawwa